Sunday, October 18, 2009

Why Swanky Stiletto?


As a woman among many women who adore flipping through the latest & greatest of fashion/beauty trend magazines, I decided to name my blog after two things that have fittingly earned my affection over the years--shoes & the latest fashion trends.

Now, mind you, I am not one of those girls who goes around sporting every next trend to hit the market--no, I'm not of that hideously ridiculous crowd, although I do admit that some can pull it off (although I'm never quite sure how). . .I am more of an admirer of the luxe fashions that make you want to find a reason to cage yourself inside on a Friday night with the latest InStyle magazine on one side, laptop on the other, and Sex & The City re-runs playing in the background.

I am the girl who goes on the sly through Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Bebe,Sephora--and my fav score-store Forever21--to scout out the newest scents, make-up, shoes, bags, etc....I want to touch it, try it on, breath it in. And then. . .I want to choose! Extract from these niceties only those that speak to me. Then take home the winners and fabricate my own style. [And as an aside: I beg of you. . .Please don't purchase the exact ensemble that is concocted 'just so' on the mannequin and sport it an identical fashion--trust me, your friends will thank you for this. Mess it up a bit, make it you-live it up!]

Unquestionably, I am also the girl that finds a reason in every day life to experiment with fashion in some shape or form....and I love--Loooooove--dressing up! I love planning parties, events, & anything that requires a specific costume or outfit. But don't start your judging yet...I am also the girl who often prefers to be alone on a weekday to peruse the mall, the shelves of Barnes & Nobles--or anywhere else I can people watch--after a pleasant morning yoga class, Earl Grey Misto Tea in hand, while dressed in what most would say 'is not your typical after yoga attire'....(Yet I believe one must always be prepared!)

So here is where we finally arrive at the second reason why my blog is called Swanky Stiletto--because it just dOeSn'T MaKe SeNse! Little in this world makes sense anymore and the more we attempt to figure it out, the more disheartened we find ourselves. However, in this techno-groovy era that I am still feeling a newcomer to, we have decided to go out into Cyberspace and band together. We have grown more and more accustomed to posting our thoughts & feelings all over the Internet for anyone and everyone to riffle through. There is no shame & privacy does not exist. Thus, after fighting it for so long...after reading the blog of everyone else day after day, I have finally decided (with the nudge of a good friend, & you know who you are) to start this blog of my very own variety.

Swanky--posh, classy, Stiletto--a double edged dagger. . .and me--GGal--and recently so--here in the Cybermecca of Blogland to add my approach of wandering around subjects to the stage of which one may no longer comprehend what the point is, nor as to why they are still here reading such material. Yet those who stay-and then return-will become part of this socially savvy society (& did I mention my adoration for alliteration?)--because we can.

Welcome to my blog. Please align with me for arbitrary stories & discussions that may or may not add something to your day. But then again, that's not the point.


No comments:

Post a Comment