Thursday, October 22, 2009

So-called 'Bad Economy' Great for Fashionistas? VS Resorts to Panty Handouts


Word on the street is 'Economy gone amiss'. . .Not so for this fashionista gal who wound up with a no strings attached coupon in my mailbox for a complimentary panty at Victoria's Secret.

Convinced that there was something concealed in the fine print below, I scoured every line with no avail. On goes the P.I. hat as I head down to VS armed with coupon card and an attitude that is sure this isn't for real. Our VS recently opened and I had only visited it once as a result of refusing to stand in a queue with at least an hour wait (no line is worth waiting in if cocktails aren't served at the end).

In through the double doors I walk welcomed by wafts of 'love spell', 'very sexy', 'vanilla spice', and a saleswoman draped with a pink measuring tape. "I received a card in the mail that claims I have the rights to a free panty--no purchase necessary. Is this the real thing?" With a slight smirk, the black clad saleswoman replies, "Yes, actually it is. Let me take you to the panty bar that holds the participating panties."


I feel my heart skip a beat as I secretly hope she will steer me toward the 'sexy lil thing' line--amongst my fav. Not a chance...but hey, what's that saying?--"Beggars can't be choosers". She points out the cotton VS signature panty collection. I snag my size in a coral colored g-string with a gold heart print--fabulous!

I victoriously take my prize to the cashier who promptly discovers that my Angel Card has expired due to 'lack of use'. (Imagine that!)


"Would you care to sign up again? It only takes a minute," she slyly suggests. I melt under the surroundings--and who wouldn't with 'love spell' in the air?

A free panty for me in exchange for a new account for VS...I think we know who the real winner is in this scenario. But you gotta hand it to them for their impeccable marketing skills. After all, what else would you expect from a multi-million dollar enterprise?

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular? ~Source Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment