Saturday, January 29, 2011

It's all about the mix-n-match

Hey gals! Long time, no see!! Happy 2011. . .I've been spreading myself a bit thin over the past months and have much neglected this blog. BUT. . .I'm back and ready to join the gossip again with my fav gal pals regarding the fun of fashion!

So, while doing my weekly grocery shopping today, I couldn't help but pick up one of my top style magazines People Style Watch. After quickly thumbing through it over my Saturday habit of frozen yogurt, I couldn't help but notice a theme. The mix-n-match of styles seems to be all the rage again this season. I am a huge fan of mixing low- with
high-end, girly with rocker, etc., and was pleased to see this trend once again being endorsed by a high volume magazine publication. The one thing that truly stood out in Feb. People Style Watch is the amazing transformation of
the classic blazer. Wear it the way it was meant to be worn (with a suit) if you must, but this staple works best where you least expect it. Think jeans, striped tee or sweater and a navy blue blazer--even better if you pin a fun vintage brooch to the lapel (check out blog Mellow Antiques for ideas on vintage accessories). Another way to make a blazer work wonders is to throw it over this springs full mini-skirt and/or try it with skinny cargos. Whichever way you go it's a true staple to your wardrobe--pick up some inexpensive ones like those pictured below--Forever21 and Lulus are hotspots for well-tailored blazers that are easy on the budget. . .that way you can get one in every color!








Will you be my boyfriend blazer in grey: Sale $47.50, www.lulus.com

Cuffed Blazer: $22.80, www.Forever 21.com


Tip of the day: Change out the buttons on your blazers and cardigans with vintage buttons or cover the current buttons with a fun fabric--make it your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment