Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year brings new trends

It's been awhile since GGal hit the blog--no excuses I know, but the amount of travel and work lately has kept me from my favorite pastime. . .blogging!
So here's a little sumpin' sumpin' to bring in the new year.
Although I don't normally market on the side for the companies that I am affiliated with. I couldn't help but let my glorious glamour gals in on a secret. . .
According to January's In Style, THE Accessory for spring is CLEAR--as in acrylic (Michael Kors), plastic (Prada), and. . .
LUCITE!! (Mellow Antiques & Estate Jewelry).Yellow Lucite Bracelet $40 (also comes in pink, clear & blue)
I have had the pleasure of rummaging through bin after bin of original 1980s Lucite jewelry direct from Italy. The jewelry is fun, chunky, and--of course--fabulous!
The store I help manage--Mellow Antiques--has an abundance of THE Accessory for spring.

Me wearing one of the Italian Lucite Necklaces at an art opening--
so many people stopped me to ask where I got it!
Just to be clear (pun intended :) The colors of the Lucite Jewelry range from clear, yellow, purple, and orange to red, black, brown, and silver.
Black & White Necklace from the Italian Lucite Collection, circa 1980
The prices usually start around $65 for earrings (clip-on of course, we're talkin' 1980s) and $100 for the necklaces. However, many of these are available now at quite a discount.
(I will be putting more pieces on the site shortly)
If you love vintage, here's a chance to own some originals--jealous much? ;)






No comments:

Post a Comment